Tuesday 11 April 2023

Community Stories

Read below for testimonials for members of our village, on how the RRHS and EWB Mini Gravity Flow Scheme has helped them. 

"My name is Ngoto Domiano - male, aged 65 years, a resident of Kibonderya village. I personally thank Mr Kiima Charles for linking this village to EWB-USA. The truth is no one knew that a water tap with running water can even be in this area! Now when I go to collect clean water from the tap, I stand and think twice, trying to remember how RRHS and EWB have caused a difference. I always look at Kiima Charles, a young man and recall what the EWB-2017 visiting team said - "We shall support this community to have water reach the desired point - Kibonderya." The difference can happen at any time, I have believed. My request as an old man is to maintain the relationship created between this community, EWB-USA and RRHS Uganda."

"My names are Mupanda Oliver, female, aged 65 years and resident of this village. With my old age, I have never thought of piping just the existing natural water spring to benefit almost communities across two villages and beyond. To assure you, RRHS/EWB have contributed to change that the resident's value most in this part of the world. While I extend my appreciations to the two organisations, RRHS/EWB USA, I must also thank the person that I do not know in the other part of the world, who started some thing called 'Internet-Connectivity'. It is actually because of the internet existence that we got linked. I thank everyone for the related development work done as well as the financial resources. We have been saved from moving long distances, wasting a lot of time looking for water. We are going to have a new life. My humble request is that Kiima Charles should start mobilising friends to initially learn more about Gravity Flow Community Sacco-Village Bank, as it is going to be the core project sustainability strategy." 

RRHS is always looking for our next project. If you would to partner with us, volunteer/intern with us, or donate to our projects, please email ruralservices60@gmail.com

Also check out our RRHS Facebook Page and RRHS YouTube Page to see photos and videos from all our latest projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment