|Hands over a Lap top to RRHS -Executive Director|
Volunteers for community Development.
Working with volunteers at grass root level:
Rwenzori Rural Health Services (RRHS) offers professionals and intern students the opportunity to work as volunteers to improve rural communities. RRHS believes that when professionals combine efforts, issues related to poverty may reduce. Working to develop communities in rural areas in the Rwenzori Region is a very enriching experience for good volunteers. It might open widows for future career in development as well.
RRHS considers the volunteers program as an important aspect of its work, since upon return to respective area of origin, the volunteer can inform their family friends, private supporters about the work, culture, life of the people in rural areas.The volunteer gives professional guidance to communities and communities directly share experience with the volunteer.
The volunteer usually expresses the need in writing, explains his/her capabilities or completes the official application to serve the community. RRHS defines the tasks to be handled by the volunteer when approved.
The duties of the volunteer ranges from:
- working in the office (database filling, general communication, project proposal development, ICT) etc.
- working with communities on activities like educating young people on HIV/AIDS, either in school or out of school; working on a water and sanitation program (= educating water committees on maintenance of water springs, general hygiene in home); or handling issues of maternal health; and any other community program that the community may demand.
Rwenzori Rural Health Services expects that the volunteer, when completing his/her mission, shall prepare a report to RRHS and - where applicable - assists in publicizing the services of RRHS, even when he or she has returned to his/her respective country/area of origin.
2. Purpose of working with volunteers.
- Increasing global partnership for rural development
- Capacity strengthening of RRHS and bridging the gap between professionals and rural communities
- Stimulating professionals willing and interested to work with rural communities for grass root development
- Stimulating national and international students to start thinking about values of voluntary service and rural community experience sharing
3. Who can be a volunteer?
Volunteers working at RRHS are mostly people with good behavior, reliable, trustworthy, self motivated, willing to serve, with a profession, new graduates or interns, of age between 18 to 65.Volunteers may come with professions or skills related to social work or community development.The volunteer shall work for RRHS for a period ranging from 1 week.
4. Volunteer commitment
a. All services done by a volunteer in the Rwenzori Region will be voluntary.
b. Costs related to work may be cost shared.
c. Volunteer must comply with the rules of the organization and the regulations of the country.
d. The volunteer is expected to be open and respectful.
e. The volunteer is considered as a staff of the organization and he/she should accept to contribute to the growth of the organization.
5. RRHS' Commitment in receiving volunteers
-RRHS prepares a job description for the volunteer.
-RRHS commits itself to welcome the volunteer and points one staff to support him/her during period of stay.
-RRHS deserves the right to accept or refer the application of volunteers. In case of gross in disciplinary action, management shall cancel the contract with the volunteer, after discussion about the issue.
If you are interested, please email to us to have the application form. email: firstname.lastname@example.org